Monday, October 24, 2011

Patience in the face of roadblocks

What a day ---all day long the Lord tried my patience. Only 30 minutes before the end of my work day did I accomplish what I set out to do.  I met one roadblock after another all day long in efforts to complete a computer function!  Two projects were completed that clears the way for “smooth sailing” the rest of the week!  Or am I kidding myself. I think of Jesus, in this morning’s Scriptures. He was at a synagogue service, saw a woman all bent over from what seemed to be severe osteoporosis. He beckoned her to come to him, laid hands upon her and she was cured. She stood up straight for the first time in 18 years.  How elated He must have been at the good He did for this woman and how excited she must have been. And then the stab from the Pharisees—a putdown, a reprimand, a criticism aimed both at himself and the woman.  “Don’t you know it is the Sabbath?” And to the woman:  “come to be cured on any other day but not on a Sabbath. “ Every turn, it seems, Jesus makes He meets roadblocks yet continues to reach out to heal, to teach, to do good. May I, too, continue to do the work I’ve been given to do in spite of difficulties that lay in my path.  

No comments:

Post a Comment