Monday, October 3, 2011

Discernment: Where will I most be myself?

A crucial element of discernment involves being true to oneself. Each and every one of us is God’s unique creation, a masterpiece, a person created in God’s image, a reflection of God repeated no where else and in no one else.  Who am I? Why and for what did God create me?  In which vocation will my reflection of God radiate its brightest? My uniqueness be drawn out more fully? In marriage (as a spouse and mother)?  as a woman consecrated to God in religious life? In the single lifestyle?  If the choice you make is in accord with God’s will for you (ask God that question), you will experience that peace which only God can give. It will feel right  and be right for you, even if you cannot explain that to anyone else.  Any other choice will not feel right for you. Which choice will you make? Trust God that when the time is right you will know which choice is the one for you and no other.

No comments:

Post a Comment