Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Faith--a lifegiving reality!

In the first reading of today’s Scriptures (Rom. 1: 16-25) we are reminded that “the upright person finds life through faith.”  How true this is for me and I am sure for you as well.  I take everything to the Lord in prayer. Many times I am absolutely amazed at the results of that faith practice.  My prayer hour can, at times, be anything but exciting as I unload my burdens, complain sometimes, as did Jeremiah and Job and David and so many other Old Testament personalities.  Whatever the source of my pain, I share my feelings, both positive and negative.  I may then sit in silence, waiting for God’s response, or I solicit God’s counsel. I ask for the Holy Spirit’s advice.  At other times I simply gaze upon God and let God gaze upon me in love.  One day last week in a very, very desert-like prayer experience, I left the hour as I came into it: dry, dull, depressed, frustrated, thinking that maybe I should resign from this position. However, I did not do that but resolved to put my mind to the day’s challenges and do the best I could. It was the most productive day of the week!  And, yes, God provided a real live person who is being called to religious life! Faith in action!  How have your experienced the truth that “the upright person finds life through faith”?

No comments:

Post a Comment