Monday, October 17, 2011

Full conviction that what God promises God is capable of doing

Today’s Scriptures:  What a message!  We are told in Romans 4: 20-25 that Abraham was fully convinced that what God promised he was able to do!”  That immediately jolted me with a question: Are you fully convinced that what God promises you He is able to do?  I obviously could not say an unequivocal  “yes,” as many times my actions belie that belief. Paul goes on to tell us that Abraham was empowered  by his faith.  That left me with another question: Dorothy Ann, when you are swamped with your weaknesses and sunk, so it seems, into your limitations, is it possible that you are not acting out of faith because, if you were, would you not be empowered? When I am acting out of faith, am I not, then, also seeking  God’s way of doing things and wanting God to make His will known to me and His power operational in me?  Abraham’s faith was credited to him as righteousness.   As for Abraham so for us:  we will be credited for our belief “in the one who raised Jesus from the death, who was handed over for our transgressions and was raised for our justification” (Rom. 4: 25). The good thief is an example of the credits given to those who believe. That experience of death/resurrection occurs  also when, in faith, we are empowered to rise out of our weaknesses and limitations into the power of God bringing to life our abilities in which we have lost faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment