Thursday, January 31, 2013

Trust in God's promise


Today’s first reading, Heb 10: 19-25, reminds us that “…through the Blood of Jesus we have confidence of entrance into the sanctuary by the new and living way he opened for us through the veil, that is, his flesh….”

You and I are destined to enter heaven “through the Blood of Jesus” and our acceptance of the free guift of eternal salvation.  Let us not bury that hope in hopelessness or fear or anxieties.  What God has promised, St. Paul reminds us, God will deliver (Heb. 10: 19-25).  Do I live in that hope? If so, how does my hope effect what I do or say or how does it effect what I hear and see in the world in which I live?  In everyday life, when my trust is shattered, do I not go to the person from whom the message originated, or to another person in whom I have confidence,  to discuss the issue and to restore my shaken confidence? What stops me from doing the same with the Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment