Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Bestowal of Love

See what love the Father has bestowed on us that we may be called the children of God. Yet so we are….Beloved, we are God’s children now; what we shall be has not yet been revealed. We do know that when it is revealed we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is “ (1 John 2: 29-3:6).

It is like God, through St. John, is saying to me and to you: “I want you to be called, known as, and appreciated as a child of God, My child. For that reason, I am blessing you this day, protecting you from the Evil  One, showing you the way, removing obstacles along the way and giving you graces that you will need today to say “yes” or “no” appropriately in order to carry out my will.  I love you that much as my adopted daughter/son. I go before you and walk behind you and beside you for that reason.”

You and I are God’s child now!  What we shall be when we pass from this life back into eternal life we do not know, John tells us.  That is a bit mindboggling, a mystery, to say the least.  We do know, St. John says, that we shall be like God for we shall then see God as God is. “Only, Lord, because You made it so by reconciling us to Yourself in the shedding of your blood. May we know  salvation, today, Lord, by making right choices  whereby our actions proclaim that “Jesus is Lord to the glory of the Father (Phil 2: 10-11).

No comments:

Post a Comment