Monday, January 7, 2013

Repent! The Kingdom of God is at hand


Jesus announces the Kingdom of God by both word and action. By word, He calls us to repentance. By action, He cures “every disease and illness among the people….[A]ll who were sick with various diseases and racked with pain, those who were possessed, lunatic, and paralytics, …he cured”  (Jn  4: 12-17, 23-25).  All those whom His society rejected, scorned, declared unclean, Jesus touches, making Himself, according to the Mosaic Law, unclean.  Jesus has no boundaries. The Kingdom of God is an inclusive Kingdom.  Just as divisions existed in Jesus’ time, divisions He challenged by His word and actions, so, too, today there are divisions that are enforced in all segments of society and within every human heart. Jesus says: Repent, the Kingdom of God is at hand.  What divisions do I need to have removed within my being, my thinking, my acting? Whom do I exclude?

No comments:

Post a Comment