Saturday, September 24, 2011

Who do people say that I am, asked Christ (Lk 9: 18-22)

As I was reflecting on this Scripture passage, the following thoughts came to me in prayer, as I imagined Jesus asking me the question: "And who do you say that I am?" My imagination took me to the following challenge from Jesus:
   Dorothy Ann, do you believe in me as God and Savior?
   Do you know Me as the Light in your darkness?
   Do you know Me as the Hope in your hopelessness?
   Do you know me as the Creative Energy in your accomplishments?
   Do you know me as the Energy in your motivations?
   Do you know me as the One which moves you from apathy to life?
   
Then in prayer Jesus reminded me of Who He is with the words:

   I am the Divine Presence that illuminates all you do.
   I am your Savior; you are saved!
   I am Strength; you are the strengthened one.
   I am the Light; you are the one brightened by my Light.
   I am the Life; you are the recipient of life.
   I am the Way; you are the one for whom I open the way.
   I am the Truth; you are the recipient of truth.

Needless to say, I left that prayer hour energized, strengthened, grateful to be an adopted child of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment