Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A mini-retreat opportunity

I just completed a mini-retreat on Mother Frances, the Foundress of the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother. I am very excited about it. I will be offering this retreat (two hours in length) here at Our Lady of Sorrows Convent, 9 Pocono Road, Denville, NJ, on Sept. 17th from 10:00 to noon.  I will be using the Mother Frances DVD, section I, "Her Childhood."  We will view this section of the DVD three times, listening to what happens within our deepest self as we view the scenes and listen to the narration.  It is awesome, let me tell you.  We will then reflect on how our childhood compares to Amalia's (similarities/differences), imagine ourselves being a member of Amalia's family and what that might be like for us. We will then imagine that someone creates a DVD of our childhood: what would be the environmental, the family, and the religious/spiritual highlights.Finally, we will imagine what  the author would say about us as children. The retreat experience will end with us writing a thank-you letter to God, expressing our gratitude for our childhood, its memories and highlights. If interested, call me at 973-627-0424 or email me at ssmvoc@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment