Saturday, May 9, 2020

God at Work in the World and in our Lives

In today's Gospel, John 14: 7-14, Philip asks Jesus to show them the Father. Jesus replies:  "Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father....The Father who dwells in me is doing his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else, believe because of the works themselves....Whoever believes in me will do the works that I do, and will do greater ones than these...."

Jesus asks you and me the same question: "Dorothy Ann ((insert your name), have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me?"  He also reminds us that the "Father who dwells in me is doing his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else, believe because of the works themselves."

Look around and see the works that the Trinity is doing through our physicians and nurses and other healthcare workers. Look around and see the work God is doing through gardeners and farmers. Look around and see the work God is doing through parents and grandparents caring for their little ones who are dependent upon them. Look around and see the work God is doing through teachers, counselors and mentors and all those in human services, in retail professions and any career by which our lives are enhanced!  Look around and see the Trinity at work caring for all of creation: the birds that fly in our sky, the fish that live in our oceans and seas and rivers, the animals that roam the earth. "Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment