Saturday, May 23, 2020

Giving Strength to Others by Grace

In today's first reading, Acts 18: 23-28, we are told that Paul "traveled...through the Galatian country and Phrygia, bringing strength to all the disciples."  In my travels or my visits, what do I bring?  Are my visits strengthening for others, that is, has their faith and trust in the Lord and in humanity been made stronger by who I am in Christ Jesus? Do my words and actions reveal my faith and trust in God as Sanctifier, Redeemer, and Creator of us all?  We are also told  that after his arrival in Achaia, Paul  "gave great assistance to those who had come to believe through grace." Do I assist others who have come to believe in Christ Jesus?  The author of this passage also testifies to the fact that Paul established "that the Christ is Jesus" risen from the dead!  Do I believe this? And if so, do I share my belief with others, with family members and other relatives, with friends and coworkers?  If not, why not? What keeps me from sharing my faith in Christ Jesus? Is it that I believe that faith is a private matter? Is it that I believe others will think I'm crazy? Is it that I might not be believed or that I will be scorned?

Lord, forgive me for the times that I refrain from sharing my belief in your resurrection and in  your ascension, that is, that you have come from the Father and are now returning to Him! May I grow in my faith and come to the position of being able to freely, at any given moment, follow the Spirit's lead to give testimony and witness to your resurrection!

No comments:

Post a Comment