Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Immersed in God's Love and Directed by His Spirit

God is all around us, within us, within the universe, residing in the core of every human being. St. Paul tell us: In God we live and move and have our being. In today's first reading, 1 John 4: 11-18, St. John says to us: " No one has ever seen God."  God is as hidden from the naked eye today as He was as an infant in Bethlehem and as He is in the Sacred Host and Precious Wine,  consecrated on the altar during a Catholic Mass.  I know Him present and hidden by the eye of faith.

St. John goes on to say that  "if we love one another, God remains in us, and his love is brought to perfection in us."  What a gift love is. I was born to love and be loved, to give witness to God, who loved me first and enables me to love as He did and does: giving of myself selflessly for the salvation wrought by God Himself and communicated through humans and all of creation, as God's continues to work in silence and in disguises.

This morning I was going to address a situation that is troubling to me. God's response, as I complained to Him about a specific situation: "My ways are not your ways and my thoughts are not your thoughts." And then He counseled me: "Do not fix what is not yours to fix!"    In faith, I did not write the email I had intended to write!

If we take time with the Lord, if we  bring our issues to the Lord, if we seek God's counsel every day, in all of the day's circumstances, if we bring our concerns to the Lord with an open mind and heart and will, God will, in truth, direct us and spare us untold sufferings that come from acting alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment