Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Word of God Growing



Today’s first reading, Acts 12: 24-13: 5a, opens with the statement:  “The word of God continued to spread and grow.”   Is the word of God continuing to grow within me,”   I ask myself?  If not, why not? If so, how does my day-to-day, moment-by-moment behaviors/attitudes reflect that growth? Am I more loving, more patient, more caring, more kind, more forgiving, more self-giving and self-sacrificing for the common good, more in tune with the Shepherd’s voice, more at peace with myself and others?  Or am I resisting the pull and push of the Holy Spirit to be involved in life in meaningful ways—in my marriage, in the life of my children and grandchildren, in the life of my religious community and the women [or men religious] with whom I work and live and pray? What needs to change in me to bring about a conversion so that, if I am holding back,I will get involved in such a way  that at the end of a day I can hear God say to me what He said to His Son: “This is my beloved daughter/son in whom I am well pleased.”

No comments:

Post a Comment