Monday, April 27, 2015

Jesus: The Good Shepherd



“I am the good shepherd, says the Lord; I know my sheep, and mine know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; for these sheep I will give my life. I have other sheep that do not belong to this fold. I must lead them, too, and they shall hear my voice. There shall be one flock then, and one shepherd” ( John 10:14-17).

Here is God’s plan for the salvation of the world; namely,  that the world will be saved through Jesus, His Son. There are those who already belong to the flock. Jesus knows us and we know Jesus in the same way as the Father knows His Son and the Son knows the Father.  For us, Jesus, John says, will give His life. John also tells us that there are sheep who do not, yet,  belong to the fold and that Jesus must  lead them also. “They shall hear His voice. And so there will come a time when there shall be one flock and one shepherd!

How great is the love of our God. How inclusive God’s plan for salvation! God be praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment