Friday, June 5, 2020

The Gift Scripture Is for Us on our Journey to God

In today's first reading, 2 Timothy 3: 10-17, Paul reminds Timothy, and us,  that all "Scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that one who belongs to God may be competent, equipped for every good work."   The Scripture is the Living Word of God and no passage returns to God without doing the work for which it was sent to accomplish within my spirit self!  Scripture, the Word of God,  is also a two-edged sword that can cut to the marrow of my bones, removing falsehood, pride, prejudice, hatred and any other evil that is hidden in the deepest dark areas of my being.  And, yes, it has the capabilities of equipping me "for every good work" that I am sent here on earth to do in Jesus' name.

Do I have the courage to sit with the Scriptures each day, allowing God to transform me into the person I am meant to be or to remove obstacles to grace that may exist in my being without me even being aware of their existence?

No comments:

Post a Comment