Tuesday, February 13, 2018

God, our Protector, our Rock of Salvation

In today's first reading, James 1: 12-18, St.James clearly informs us that God does not lead us into temptation. Our desires do. "Each person is tempted when lured and enticed by his desire. Then desire conceives and brings forth sin, and when sin reaches maturity it gives birth to death."  That is why in today's Entrance Antiphon we pray:  "Be my protector, O God, a mighty stronghold to save me.  For you are my rock, my stronghold!  Lead me, guide me, for the sake of your name. (Cf. Ps. 31 (30): 3-4). In the responsorial psalm of today's liturgy, Psalm 94, we proclaim "blessed" the person whom God instructs: "Blessed the man [woman] whom you instruct, O Lord, whom by your law you teach, giving him [her] rest from evil days.  For the Lord will not cast off his people, nor abandon his inheritance; but judgment shall again be with justice and all the  upright of heart shall follow it. When I say, 'My foot is slipping,' your mercy O Lord, sustains me; when cares abound with  me, your comfort gladdens my soul."

O, the greatness, the love, the care, the compassion of our God!  God be praised, thanked, glorified, honored and worshipped by you and me every day of our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment