Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Focus and its Power

In today’s first reading, Acts 11: 19-26, we are witnesses to the power of Jesus at work in those who dedicate their lives to the Gospel. People are scattered all over by the persecution. Stephen has been stoned to death for preaching in Jesus’ name.  Those strong in the faith  move on and continue “proclaiming the Lord Jesus.”  What if you and I, in the midst of all that throws people into confusion in our day, keep our eyes on Christ Jesus, continue “proclaiming” our faith in Christ Jesus.  I ask myself: Upon what or whom, Dorothy Ann, are you focused? I have the option of focusing on my confusion or on the confusion around me or on Jesus. Focusing my that which if troublesome to me will not give me stability. Only Jesus will! With my focus on Jesus and on seeking the Lord above all in my own poverty, I will stand firm, even when those around me are shaken, upset, or angry. In those moments, I also need to move on, knowing that the “hand of the Lord [is] with [those]…who [believe and turn] to the Lord (compare Acts: 11-1-21)!

No comments:

Post a Comment