Monday, April 8, 2013

Wearying God

In today's first reading, Os 7: 10-14; 8:10, the Lord asks Ahaz to request a sign from God. He refuses.  Isaiah confronts Israel and says, in effect, "Isn't it bad enough that you weary each other? Must you also weary your God?" 

How easy for us human beings to weary God! God asks us, through the prophet Micah, for instance, to love tenderly, act justly and do good (cf Micah 6:8).  Through Jesus, just prior to His Ascension, we are asked to go out to the whole world and proclaim the good news.  In doing God's will, Jesus assures us that if we ask anything in His name, He will give it to us. 

Do I truly believe Jesus? do I ask for the help I need to love tenderly, act justly and do good?  Do I believe that Jesus will truly send me the Holy Spirit so that I will be empowered to "preach" the Good News by how I live life as modeled by Jesus in the Gospels?

No comments:

Post a Comment