Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Mistaken Identity

In today's Gospel, Jn 20: 11-18, Mary Magdalen goes to the tomb. Two angels, one sitting at the head and the other at the feet where Jesus had been laid, ask Mary: "Woman, why are you weeping? They have taken my Lord, and I don't know where they laid him."  Mary turned around and there was Jesus, though she did not recognize Him, thinking He was the Gardener until He called her by name.

Many times messengers "from heaven" ask us why we are troubled, frustrated, angry, sad, weepy? What is our response?  Have we, too,  lost Jesus? Are we, too, wondering who took Him? Or is it another loss that is significant to us that we are grieving?

Mary found the One Thing necessary, the Love of her life, the One who saved her from demons that had been controlling her and alienating her from herself and others.

Have I found the Love of my life?  Have I found Jesus? Do I hear Him calling my name? Am I, in fact, even looking for Him in my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment