Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Giving glory to God

A message from my recent retreat:  My retreat opened with the Lord leading me to psalm 139: "I am wonderfully made." The thought came to me that all of us are created to radiate God's glory and that everything in our lives visits us for that same reason.  Every person we encounter, all of the situations in which we engage are meant to both reveal God's glory to us and to be an vehicle through which we give glory to God.   With that thought, I surrendered all of my concerns to the Lord and I prayed that I may glorify the Lord, serve the Lord in whatever I do or say and in the person I am becoming.    The following prayer surfaced:

             Lord, in Your on-going creaton of me, I give you:
the good and the bad,
the beautiful and the ugly
the impatient and the patient,
the vitriolic and the serene,
the selfish and the unselfish,
to be the clay that you use
to remold, reshape, and  recreate
me into the woman you call me to become:
another Christ.


What do  you give the Lord today and where, today, did you see the glory of God revealed?

No comments:

Post a Comment