Saturday, February 22, 2020

The Lord Shepherds Me

In today's responsorial psalm, we pray: "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want....Even though I walk in the dark valley, I fear no evil; for you are at my side with your rod and your staff that give me courage.  You spread the table before me in the sight of my foes;  you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Only goodness and kindness follow me all the days of my life;and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord for years to come."

As I pray that psalm, I am deeply touched by the phrase that reminds me that only goodness and kindness follow me all the days of my life!  Believing that, I am filled with gratitude and confidence! I am lifted up above the problems that I might encounter each day!  And even in those times when encountering darkness, I know that God is with me, that He light up my way and carries me when the "waters" of life are too deep for me to cross safely! And what a promise that God Himself spreads the table before me in the sight of my foes!  It's like saying: "Satan, get lost. God feeds me with the best of wheat, with His own Eucharistic body and Eucharistic blood that destroyed you and diminished your power over me. You have no chance. God is at my side. He has anointed my head with the oil of grace. My cup overflows, as I stand beneath the cross of Jesus with the chalice of my being receiving the blood that flows from His Sacred Side."

No comments:

Post a Comment