Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Direct Us, Lord, and Deliver Us

My prayer today is that of the author of Psalm 25: 1-8,  entitled “Prayer in danger”:

Adoration I offer, Yahweh,
to you, my God.

But in my trust in you do not put me to shame,
let not my enemies gloat over me.

Calling to you, none shall ever be put to shame,
but shame is theirs who groundlessly break faith.

Direct me in your ways, Yahweh,
and teach me your paths.

Encourage me to walk in your truth and teach me
since you are the God who saves me.

For my hope is in you all day long—
Such is your generosity, Yahweh.
Goodness and faithful love have been yours for ever,
Yahweh, do not forget them.

Hold not my…sins against me,
But remember me as your faithful love dictates.

Integrity and generosity are marks of Yahweh
for he brings sinners back to the path.”


I offer this prayer for the U.S.A. I am afraid that we have abandoned integrity, goodness, and faithful love. We have left the path, I am afraid, of truth and need God to save us: “Direct [us] in your ways, Yahweh, and teach [us] your paths.”  Also, Lord, “let not [our] enemies gloat over [us]. Be with us, Lord, as we pass through the darkness and chaos that is likely to lie ahead. I ask this in Jesus’ name.

No comments:

Post a Comment