Friday, September 9, 2016

Qualifying

In today’s first reading, I Cor 9: 16-19, 22b-27, Paul talks about how athletes enter training programs in order to win a perishable crown.  Then he asks us what we are willing to do to win an imperishable one.  He says: “Run so as to win….do not run aimlessly; …do not fight as if…[you were] shadowboxing. No drive …[your] body and train it, for  fear that…[you]…should be disqualified.”  As I reflected upon this passage, I asked myself the following questions:   ” In what disciplines are you engaged  to qualify for an imperishable prize?   Of what does your training program, Dorothy Ann, consist? What blocks you from following a training program, in the first place?”  Then I turned to Jesus and asked Him  to answer these questions for me,  as I could easily be a blind guide guiding myself. What transpired in my prayer was the following:

Dorothy Ann, your training program has to consist of trusting Me, depending on Me, keeping your focus on Me, and turning to Me when you fail the course.

Your training program is a bogus program if your focus is on you and your efforts. An authentic training program consist of trusting Me, turning to Me, depending on Me, and coming back to Me. When you have become aware of having abandoned the course, simply turn back to Me and say: Jesus, I trust You.


No comments:

Post a Comment