Monday, September 19, 2016

God's Instructions through Today's Scripture Readings

What, Lord, is your message to me in today’s readings, Proverbs 3: 27-34 and Luke 8: 16-18?

Dorothy Ann (insert your name), live a life of truth, justice, love and forgiveness. My light will then shine through you, as Jesus says in the Gospel.  Keep your focus on me, not on those who are plotting evil against others, who slander others in their quest for high positions, who lord it over others in the hopes of securing control of a situation that is beyond them.

Seek Me, above all else. Put your house in order and do not try to order the houses of others. That is theirs to do. 

Take the beam out of your eye and do not waste energy trying to remove a splinter in the eyes of another.  That is not the reason I created you. I am God, not you. If you were a parent, it would be your responsibility to remove a splinter from the eyes of your children, while simultaneously removing the beam out of your own eye, but you are not a parent! I am your Parent! You are my child!

You will maintain your peace if you do that which is highlighted in today’s first reading, Proverbs 3: 27-34:
               “Refuse no one  [on one, Dorothy Ann—insert your name--no one]
                the good on which he [or she] has a claim
                when it is in your power to do it for [that person].
                Say not to your neighbor, ‘Go, and come again,
                tomorrow I will give,’ when you can give at once.

   “Plot no evil against your neighbor,
                against one who lives at peace with you.
                Quarrel not with [a person] without cause,
                with one who has done you no harm….”


Lord, I trust that you will give me the grace to do these things one day at a time in your name.  When I fail, I ask for your forgiveness and the humility to start over again.


No comments:

Post a Comment