Saturday, December 6, 2014

God's Assurances



What awesome readings in today’s liturgy, Is 30: 9-21, 23-26 and Ps. 47 and Mt 9:35-10: 1, 5a, 6-8. The prophet Isaiah, shares with us God’s assurance that weeping will cease in Jerusalem, that people will experience the graciousness of the Lord when they cry out to Him, that the Lord will give us the bread we need and the water to quench our thirst. “No longer will your Teacher hide himself, but you’re your own eyes you shall see your Teacher, while from behind, a voice shall sound in your ears: “This is the way; walk in it, when you turn to the right and to the left.”  In psalm 147, we praise the Lord for his goodness and graciousness and are reminded that God “heals the broken hearted and binds up their wounds…. [that] to his wisdom there is no limit” [and that in His graciousness God] sustains the lowly [and] the wicked he casts to the ground.”  In the Gospel, Jesus proclaims “the Gospel of the Kingdom”: “At the sight of the crowds, [Jesus’] heart is moved with pity for them because they were troubled and abandoned, like sheep without a shepherd.”

In those Scriptures God is saying to you and to me:

“Your name, I will give you the bread you need.
That voice you hear that whispers: “This is the way”
or “No, not that way” is my voice directing you.
I will be gracious to you when you call out to Me.

Your name, I heal your broken heart
and bind up your wounds.
There is no limit to my wisdom
or my graciousness.
I sustain you
when you encounter the wickedness
of evil persons.

Remember, I have overcome the world
and through me, you will, too” (cf John 16:33).

No comments:

Post a Comment