Wednesday, October 1, 2014

God's Identity: Who Is God for you?

As I reflect upon today's first reading from Job 9: 1-12, 14-16, the question arises in me: Who is God and who am I? Job wrestles with the same questions.

Who is God for Job?  God:
  •  Is wise in heart and mighty in strength
  •  Removes the mountains before they know it
  • Overturns them in his anger
  • Shakes the earth out of its place...
  • Commands the sun, and it rises not
  • Seals up the stars
  • Stretches out the heavens and treads the crests of the sea.....
  •  Does great things past finding out, marvelous things beyond reckoning
  • Comes near me, I see him not…..
Who is God for me? 
  
  • God is wise in heart and mighty in strength in me and in you!
  • God removes the mountains of pride and shame and hurt and fear in me, sometimes before         I know it. He does the same for you.
  • In His anger, God overturns sin in me, in the world: in the structures of our society, our             church, our families, our workplaces, our legal systems;  yes, in all systems.
  • God shakes all that is not of God out of its place in me, in you and in the world.
  • God seals up the stars and leads me into the darkness that awakens me to the Son and He does so for everyone!
  • God stretches out the things of heaven to penetrate the things of earth, to penetrate the              hardness of my heart and yours.
  • God does great things in my life without me knowing His presence, His power, His mercy and love doing these things. He does the same for you.
  • God comes near without me, or you,  seeing Him.
Who is God for you?

     


No comments:

Post a Comment