Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The Kindness of the Lord



“The earth is full of the kindness of the Lord,” we pray in today’s responsorial psalm, Psalm 33. How, I asked myself, do I experience the kindness of the Lord filling the earth? How does the kindness of the Lord fill my life each day? My responses included the following gifts I have or do experience each day:

  •  The daily Scriptures and the ability and time to reflect on this source of wisdom
  • The daily Mass and Eucharist: every day I have the privilege of a personal visit from the God of the Universe, the God of all goodness, the God of reconciliation, who enters the Temple of my body as redeemer, sanctifier, lover, healer

  •  Creation itself with all of its beauty

  •  Motherhood and fatherhood and the gifts of mothers and fathers to their children and the gift of my own parents
  • Teachers and counselors and the gift they are each day to their students and clients

  •  Friends

  •  Children themselves

  • Life itself

  • The ability:

o   To love and be loved
o   To learn and be a source of learning to others
o   To study
o   To enjoy life
o   To nurture life
o   To discover life: its goodness, its challenges, its opportunities
o   To know and be known
o   To be caring and cared about
o   To be grateful

  • The opportunity to make a difference in someone's life today



No doubt, this list could go on ad infinitum. 

How do you experience the kindness of the Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment