Monday, September 8, 2014

Faithfulness



Today we celebrate the feast of the Nativity of our Blessed Mother, born without sin! Before her birth she has been chosen to be the person through whom God the Son, the second Person of the Blessed Trinity, would take on human nature, identifying totally with human beings except for sin. Jesus is the promised Messiah; Mary the promised  Mother of the Son of God.

God is faithful to his promises.  It is through Mary that the promise of God would be fulfilled. Mary says “yes” to being the Mother of God and conceives Jesus through the Holy Spirit on the day of the angel’s announcement. She in turn is faithful, as God is faithful.  Joseph says “yes” to an angel in a dream to not be afraid to take Mary as his wife. The child to be born of her, Joseph is told, is to be named Jesus, Immanuel, God with us. Joseph is also faithful.

How faithful am I to God’s promises? How believing am I? When God sends me a messenger today communicating a direction I am to take to bring about some good, will I believe? Will I trust the messenger? If God communicates to me through my dreams, will I take time to listen? Mary and Joseph show us the way to be faithful. The choice is mine and yours to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment