Thursday, September 11, 2014

Being Guided to the Everlasting Way

In today's liturgy, Psalm 139, reminds us that the Lord "formed...[our] inmost being; ...knit...[us]  in ...[our] mother's womb."Image an expert knitter at work knitting a masterpiece, a work of art that will elicit people's praise. "Wow, how beautiful," we say when we see someone's knitted sweater with exquisite colors and designs.  I encourage you to transfer that human experience to watching God knit a child in its mother's womb.  Every mother and father stand in awe as the Creator of their child is at work during the nine months of pregnancy. 

Faith in God prompts the psalmist to go on further and say to God: "Probe me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my thoughts; see if my way is crooked, and lead me in the way of old."  I feel less confident until I get to "lead me."  If my way is crooked, God, lead me out of the crookedness. Put me on a straight path, a path that leads directly to you.

I encourage you to open the Bible to the psalms and reflect on all of psalm 139. See what part of that psalm touches you deeply and talk to God about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment