Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Night Transformed by the Light


“Hear me, …listen….You are my servant,…through whom I show my glory….I will make you a light to the nations, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth , “ we read in today’s first reading, Isaiah 49: 1-6.  In the Gospel of today, John 13: 21-33, 36-38, after Judas, in the darkness of the night,  leaves to betray Him,  Jesus says: “Now is the Son of Man glorified and God is glorified in him. If God is glorified in him, God will also glorify him in himself, and he will glorify him at once….”  Through the Cross, you and I, the redeemed of Christ, are  glorified in Christ Jesus here and now and will be for all eternity.   We are more than His servants, the Lord tells us in Isaiah,  and are called to more than raising others up and restoring each other and ourselves  to right relationships with the Lord. We are “a light to the nations," a light in the darkness of our world.  It is when it is most dark that the light shines most brightly for all to see.  In those dark moments, it may seem as though “the light” has gone out, as it seemed so in that upper room and on Calvary. Calvary, however, is our brightest moment, the moment of salvation for all those who put their faith in Christ Jesus. In whom do I put my faith, especially  in those situations that shakes it?
Open my eyes, Lord, to You during the Calvary moments of my life, in life’s darkest moments  when all around me and within me seems like night.

No comments:

Post a Comment