Friday, March 2, 2012

The Spiritual Practices and the Franciscan Spirituality of the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother

Today’s reflections on the spiritual practices and the Franciscan Spirituality of the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother flow from Sister M. Marcella de Marco from our region in Italy who made first vows in 2005.  She writes:



                The Franciscan Spirituality affected the beginning of my individual faith journey.
                The person of Francis enabled me to meet God in a personal and more informal
                way.  I started to live faith in a completely new way. I was very touched by the
                radical nature of this saint and his passionate way to live his faith.  Francis’
                spirituality helps me to return to the power of God’s mercy and not to be afraid of
                my littleness; it helps me to welcome everyone as sisters and brothers and many
                times his directions are helpful in overcoming various situations.  The Franciscan
                aspect of praise and restitution to God has helped to cultivate a grateful attitude
                to God and keep that same spirit in my heart.

Sister Marcella de Marco raises many questions that we might ask ourselves in our journey of faith:


1)      What affected the beginning of the individual faith journey for each of us?
2)      What, of St. Francis, touches us deeply?
3)      What helps us not be afraid of who we are in the sight of God?
4)      What helps us be more welcoming to every person as our brother and sister?
5)      What helps us in overcoming/coping with various situations in our lives?
6)      What helps us cultivate a grateful attitude to God and keep that spirit of gratitude in our hearts?

 Share your response with me on Facebook and/or email me at ssmvoc@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment