Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Spiritual Practices and the Franciscan Spirituality of the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother

Today’s message on the spiritual practices and the Franciscan spirituality of the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother is acclaimed by two of our newest members, Sister M. Nair Alves da Silva from Brazil and Sister Laura Maria Caddeo from Italy.



                Franciscan Spirituality, Sister M. Nair believes,   is a very important aspect of my life.

The simplicity of it and God’s love communicated by St. Francis attracted many.

Prayer and contemplation are important points for me to follow the Triune God

as a Sister of the Sorrowful Mother.



Sister Laura Maria states that she



entered the SSM Congregation because I knew the Franciscan community

both in my town of origin and in Assisi.  At the beginning, I was struck by the

spontaneity or relationships, so friendly and simple, without formalities, and

the atmosphere of a “big family” where everyone could find a place and feel

at home…After sometime, I also discovered the centrality of God’s Word and

the Eucharist, as well as a continued fervent commitment to evangelization.

the Franciscan charism helped me and strengthened my sense of obedience

to my story and my sense of belonging to the Church.



Both Sisters highlight the reasons why continuing my commitment as a Sister of the Sorrowful Mother delights me. It is all about centering my life on the Word of God and the Eucharist, sharing my faith with others through evangelization, and developing a deeply personal relationship with the Lord through contemplation and prayer and striving to create a place where everyone feels at home. As one of the commercials advertising furniture proclaims: “It doesn’t get any better than this” for those called to the Franciscan way of living the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment