Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mary, Mother of Sorrows: Meeting Jesus on the Road to Calvary

Mary, Mother of Sorrows--Meeting Jesus on the road to Calvary:  Each of us is on the way to a dying and a rising to new life in Christ Jesus.  Mary meets us on that road each day.  She is there to give us support when we need strengthening; when our faith, trust, and love are waning.  She knows that saying “not my will but Yours be done, O Lord,” is sometimes uttered amidst agonizing pain and impenetrable darkness.  In those periods of utmost misery and inexhaustible heartache, may each of us know that Mary stands by us, interceding with Her Son, changing the “water” of our human capabilities into the choice “wine” of grace.  And so, in retrospect, pondering what we endured, we say:  “I don’t know how I did it. I don’t know where I found the strength to do what I did. I thought I’d never see light again.” Faith tells us that Mary and Jesus were there walking beside us!

No comments:

Post a Comment