Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Spiritual Practices and the Franciscan Spirituality of the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother

Yesterday, I posted Sister Monica’s witness to the value of the spiritual practices and the Franciscan Spirituality of the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother. Today, I would like to share with you reflections from another one of our newest members. She also hails from Italy as well, having made her first vows in 2008. Her name is Sister Stefania Sangalli. She writes:



My vocation arose in Assisi, a place marked by Franciscan

 Spirituality whichconnected my experience with St. Francis.

Growing in the charism of the Sistersof the Sorrowful Mother,

 I experienced some important aspects of Franciscan Spirituality.

The constant reference to conversion by St. Francis, the journey

 to be humble of heart,and to ever more welcome God’s love

 arises from a special relationship with the Father.My journey to

 truth is guided by listening to the Word and receiving the

Sacraments,daily Eucharist and Adoration. In this my first year

 of temporary vows [2008] I am ministering to the youth in

St. Maria degli Angeli. One of the most important aspects

that I have experienced in this ministry is the loving and simple

welcome, sharing of meals and prayer. The youth are willing

and helpful, doing whatever is needed in the house.The simple

 lifestyle and the Providential support of friends and benefactors\

 is concrete testimony for the youth. Living in this place full of

Franciscan Spirituality allows me to live it more intensely,

 for example, by participating in important celebrations and

 being a guide for youth when they visit the holy shrines.



Though you and I do not live in Assisi, we certainly are called, whether in religious life or outside of religious life, to ongoing conversion. That is what Lent is all about. May that conversion into the person of Christ be something that you are excited about every day, as you grow into becoming the best you can be, as a married or single woman. And if God is calling you to consider religious life, may Sister Stefanie’s witness inspire you to take that step.






No comments:

Post a Comment