Monday, February 27, 2012

The Spiritual Practices and the Franciscan Spirituality of the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother

 

In being asked the question how the spiritual practices and the Franciscan spirituality affected her life as a new member of the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother, Sister Yvette Fernander, who made first vows in 2008, and is currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in theology, responded as follows:
  
As a new member of the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother,
 
my spiritual life  continues to be the focal point
 
and the engine that guides my daily life.
 
 I attribute my vocation to my mother
 
because of her witness, her examples of service and prayer
 
that helped form me into the person I am today.
 
Since  entering the congregation,
 
 my experiences of prayer, study and reflection
 
 on the Scriptures, Our Way of Life
 
 [the Constitution or Rule that guides us]
 
 and our Franciscan Spirituality
 
 have give me a greater understanding and appreciation for life
 
and the call to be light for others.
 
Studying and living the Franciscan Spirituality
 
have made me realize that I can live with less
 
and still be content
 
and has given me a greater appreciation for
 
and awareness of the less fortunate.
 
Franciscan Spirituality has reinforced
 
my belief in welcoming others,
 
while respecting, caring and honoring the earth,
 
animals and all of God’s creation.
  
If God is calling you to become a Franciscan, may you have the courage to say “yes.” Sister Yvette and many others who have entered our community or other Franciscan communities, have said that “yes” and, as you can see from Sister Yvette’s testimony, have been truly blessed.   



                                           Sister Yvette

       


 




       

No comments:

Post a Comment