Saturday, November 14, 2020

Faithfulness

 In today's first reading, 3 John: 5-8, St. John affirms those who are faithful in all that they do for others, especially "for strangers."  He encourages them to continue helping  others in ways "worthy of God to continue their journey."   Why?   Because  "they have set out for the sake  of the Name [Jesus' Name] and are accepting nothing from the pagans." Support them John says, "so that we may be co-workers in the truth."

I ask the Lord for the graces I need to grow in faithfulness:

  • To my vows as a woman religious
  • To my love of the Church and what it asks of me
  • To the Sacred Scriptures
  • To the guidance of the Holy Spirit in the little things of each day whereby Jesus' Name is praised
  • To growing in holiness
  • To growing in compassion for others and myself
  • To growing in patience with others and with myself
  • To helping others in ways "worthy of God to continue their journey"  to their eternal home
  • To growing in honesty with others and myself
I asked myself what I need from others in order to remain faithful and the answer within me was: I need love, understanding, forgiveness, encouragement, truth and patience.  Others need those same gifts from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment