Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Nothing and No One Shall Be Lost

In today's Gospel, John 6: 35-40, Jesus says to us:  "Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and I will not reject anyone who comes to me, because I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will  of the one who sent me. And this is the will of the one who sent me, that I should not lose anything of what he gave  me, but that I should raise it on the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him may have eternal life, and I shall raise him on the last day."


Wow! The promises of the Lord, we know, are true. So when Jesus promises us that everything given to Him by the Father will come to Him, he is promising that you and I will come to Him in faith, in love, in trust!  And not only that!  Jesus will not reject us. Rejection is not in God's nature! His arms are spread wide open to receive us as a parent opens wide his/her arms to receive a child! He receives us with delight and with love!  We may have fallen into one of Satan's snares and gotten hurt. God is waiting with open arms to comfort us, heal us, and reveal His infinite love for us.  Jesus tells us that nothing and no one given to Him by His Father will be lost to Him. In fact, we will be raised with Jesus on the last day of our lives!  The Father and Jesus eagerly await that day for all who believe in Jesus, the Christ, the Savior of the world!

I believe!  Do you?

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the most comforting Scriptures. It also holds true to all the stories the Evangelists told us about him. Those of little importance in the eyes of the world were always welcome. How comforting!

    ReplyDelete