Thursday, July 18, 2019

I AM Sent Moses to Lead His people to Freedom; I AM Sends You and Me into our World!

In today's first reading, Exodus 3: 13-20, Moses asks the Lord what he is to tell the Israelites if they ask him what is His name. "I am who am," God tells Moses. God is the I AM!  God amplifies his answer by saying to Moses:  "This is what you shall tell the children of Israel: I AM sent me to you."   God is existence, the existence of who I am, who you are, who all living beings are!  "I AM"  put me, and you, here, in this place, at this time and sustains you and me in existence for His divine purposes!  Our lives are no accident. We are not here by chance! We are one with God in the very essence of our being!

God's being, the I AM, is purity, love, justice, holiness, peace!  In our essence, so are we! When we do not obstruct grace, we radiate these virtues; we radiate God, though we are not God!  As children naturally are created in the image and likeness of their biological parents, so, too, are we reflections of God, created in the image and likeness of God, to do the works of God as God empowers us to do!

WOW!  My Lord and my God!  What an incredible reality concerning who God is and who we are!  How blessed are we and how awesome is our God!


No comments:

Post a Comment