Wednesday, August 10, 2016

God's Generosity

In today’s first reading, 2 Cor 9: 6-10, Paul reminds us that “God is able to make every grace abundant for you, so that in all things, always having all you need, you may have an abundance for ever y good work.”  We could paraphrase that to read: “God makes every grace abundant for you and me, so that in all things,  always having all we need, you and I may have an abundance for every good work.” Or hear the Lord speaking directly to you, saying: “I make every grace abundant for you, so that in all things, always having all you need, you do have an abundance for every good work.”


I encourage you to sit with, ponder, reflect upon, soak in the following words:  “I make every grace abundant for you.”   Also bask in the words: “…So that in all things, always having all you need, you may have [will have, do have] an abundance for every good work” I ask of you to do!  What do we sometimes?   I’m afraid that we often find one excuse after another  and another  not to do the good God is calling us to do!  Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment