Monday, February 22, 2021

Who Do You Say Jesus Is?

 In today's Gospel, Matthew 16: 13-19, Jesus asked his disciples: "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?' They replied, 'Some say John the Baptist, others Elijah, still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.' He said to them, 'But who do you say that I am?' Simon Peter  said in reply, 'You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.'"

Jesus puts that same question to me: "Dorothy Ann, who you say that I am?" "Jesus, You are the Son of God, the second person of the Blessed Trinity, the Word made flesh, the Word that created the universe and all that is in it. You are my Creator, God.  You are God who is hidden in the consecrated host: body and blood, soul and divinity of Christ, my Lord and God.  You are the One God made flesh who was crucified on Calvary and rose from the dead three days later, destroying death and sin forever!  You are God who dwells in the very core of my being, where You and I are one."

How do you answer Jesus' question: Who do you say that I am?





No comments:

Post a Comment