Friday, July 28, 2017

The I AM in Us

In the Entrance Antiphon to today's liturgy,  we say to God:  "I will sacrifice to you with a willing 
heart, and praise your name, O Lord, for it is good."  God revealed His name to Moses,  telling him that "I AM" sent him to free God's people from slavery.  The name of God, "I AM", is good.  It is a name above all other names! It is a name that saves, blesses, purifies, sanctified, frees us!  The I AM as incarnated is JESUS!  There is power in the name of JESUS.  And there is power in every name, calling us to be respectful of each person, and of ourselves, as an image of God!  JESUS was a total reflection of FATHER/MOTHER GOD. You and I reflect God partially, I believe. We will be a full manifestation of our FATHER/MOTHER GOD, I believe, in eternity, where sin will be no more!

In the meantime, may each one of us "sacrifice" to God "with a willing heart, and praise God's name, for it is good" and we are good. May we, through grace, discover the good within ourselves, within others, and throughout all of creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment