Thursday, January 19, 2017

God Governs All Things

In the collect of today's liturgy, we address God as the "Almighty ever-living God, who govern all things both in heaven and on earth."  As I reflected upon that prayer, thoughts came to me that God is God, not so any of our politicians nor our president-elect.  God is stronger than any human being, than the persons our president-elect has chosen for his cabinet.  I also voiced the fact that all of the boasting that has been part of the campaigning is just boasting, not action. The Lord, then, reminded me: "I am God; there is not other" and, as St. Paul says to us in today's first reading, Hebrews 7: 25-8:6: "Jesus is always able to save those who approach God through him, since He lives forever to make intercession for them."  Hear Jesus saying to you:

(Your name), I sit at the right hand of the Father, interceding for you and all humankind. I intercede for all those for whom you and others pray.

I know how tragic it is that the people of the U.S. may have been deceived by Satan at work in this election on both sides of the aisle.  I am aware.  I am ready to save all those who come to me.  All need salvation.  

As St. Paul says: I am "mediator of a better covenant, enacted on better promises" of eternal life where moth does not consume, sin is no more and weapons are melted down into instruments of peace, where those who choose to follow the Father of Lies will be separated from those who follow the Lamb of God. Each will go to the destiny they so choose.

Cling to me and be saved.  

Remember that I govern all things and all peoples.  Anything else is an illusion and a deception. What you see is not what you get anymore than what onlookers who stared at my dead body on the cross is what they got!

2 comments:

  1. My hope is only in God. Thanks for always putting the proper focus on what's going on. Just heard the president elect make a short speech on how he's going to make the country greater than it has ever been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Liz. I appreciate your feedback. Together, let us pray for this great nation and the conversion of our leaders from the president down through all of congress and for each of us to line our wills with the will of God and walk by faith!

    ReplyDelete