Friday, July 29, 2016

In Need of God's Help

I am sure that many of you have, from time to time, felt the way the psalmist felt when he wrote the following, or you know someone who easily could feel this way:

“Those outnumber the hairs of my head
who hate me without cause.
Too many for my strength
are they who wrongfully are my enemies.
Must I restore what I did not steal?....
But I pray to you, O Lord,
for the time of your favor, O God!
In your great kindness answer me
with your constant help” (Psalm 69).

I pray for all those who cry out to the Lord as did David in this psalm: those fleeing their country to save their lives and the lives of their children, those working in sex brothels as victims of human trafficking, those in sweat shops and retail industrial factories unable to escape and secure jobs that pay just wages, those who are slaves of severe poverty and maintained as such by unjust economic systems, those who are victims of persons who engage in  character assassinations and who slander others to reach their goal--in short, those being exploited in any way for another's advantage! 


O God, have mercy!  “I pray to you, O Lord, for the time of your favor, O God! In your great kindness answer me with your constant help!”

No comments:

Post a Comment