Friday, June 12, 2015

"My Heart is Overwhelmed; My Pity Stirred," Says God



The Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus

In today’s first reading, Hosea 11: 1, 3-4, 8c-9, the Lord God says to us:

  “When Israel was a child I loved him, out of Egypt I called my son. Yet it was I who taught Ephraim to walk, who took them in my arms; I drew them with human cords, with bands of love; I fostered them like one who raises an infant to his [her] cheeks; yet, though I stooped to feed my child, they did not know that I was their healer. My heart is overwhelmed, my pity is stirred. I will not give vent to my blazing anger, I will not destroy Ephraim again; for I am God and not a man, the Holy One present among you; I will not let the flames consume you.”

The Lord says to you and me:

“When you were a child, I loved you, out of that place that enslaves  you I call you, my son [my daughter]. …[I]t is I who teach  you to walk in Truth, in Love, in Justice, in Humility. It is I who take you in my arms.  It is I who draw you with human cords, with bands of love to my most Sacred Heart. I foster you like one who raises an infant to his/her cheeks. Though I stoop to feed you, you do not recognize me as your healer. My pity is stirred when I see you desert Me, reject my Ways, My Truth, my Love, when I see you reject my will and choose your own. Though My heart is overwhelmed, I will not give vent to my blazing anger. I will not destroy you or anyone  bent on violence, those committed to wars, those engaging  in injustices,those perpetuating corrupt practices, those committed to living deceptive lives, for I am God and not a human being, the Holy One present among you, dwelling within you. I will not let the flames of corruption, violence, injustice, deceit, lust, prejudice or any other form of sin to consume you. I am God; there is no other. I am your Savior; there is no other.”

Lord, hide me in your Sacred Heart lest I go astray and fall into the pit that Satan has set for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment