Thursday, December 5, 2013

A New Jerusalem Being Built by God

In today’s first reading, Isaiah 26: 1-6, Isaiah prophesies that God is building a New Jerusalem. This New Jerusalem will be a home for the poor and lowly and for those who trust in the Lord.  In Isaiah’s words:

“A strong city have we;
He sets up walls and ramparts to protect us.
Open up the gates
to let in a nation that is just,
one that keeps faith.
A nation of firm purpose you keep in peace;
in peace, for its trust in you.”

That nation of firm purpose is the nation of God’s Kingdom built upon Jesus Christ, the cornerstone, built upon the powerful foundation of eternal life won for us by Jesus’ giving of His life for the salvation of the world.  God’s Kingdom is strong.  Satan will not prevail against the walls and ramparts of a city built by our God.

What does that mean for you and me? 

What it means, Dorothy Ann, is that this City already exists.  You have a choice to enter it—the gates are open.

How do I enter in, Jesus?

You enter it whenever you choose to do good and resist evil. The choice is yours to make.

And if I do not make those kinds of choices?

Then, you delay experiencing the power of my resurrection assisting you to make right choices and avoid the temptations that weaken your will and dull your senses.

I delay the experience of how You have redeemed me?

Yes, you delay experiencing your ability to choose good and resist evil.  The grace awaits you. Eventually you will experience My Kingdom within you and around you. Eventually you will come through the open gate because I never close it!  The choice is yours to come through it.  I will wait for you to make those kinds of choices by which you experience the strength of the walls and ramparts by which I protect you from that which is not in your best interest from God’s perspective. And remember, I never let you go.  I paid a great price for your salvation and I will not be denied.

No comments:

Post a Comment