Friday, July 5, 2013

A Vacation with the Lord


Every year, we Sisters are asked to “take a vacation with the Lord,” that is, go on a retreat.  I will be doing just that from July 5-12.  I will be on a directed retreat, a time when I will meet with a retreat director once a day, go over the Scripture passage/s assigned for that day, looking at how the Lord moved me in that passage/s, what the Lord is saying to me personally.  The director, then, attentive to the Spirit at work in me, assigns other Scripture passage/s for another day of prayer.  Usually I spend 4-5 hours in prayer and time in between journaling on how the Lord touched me. 

Please remember me in prayer during this time that I will be open to the Lord, hear His voice and atune my life more deeply with what the Lord is asking of me.  I certainly will pray for all of those for whom I have promised to pray.

You can imagine that this is a special time for retreatants, a time to grow in one’s faith and trust of the Lord, a time to deepen one’s intimacy with the Love of our lives, Christ Jesus. 

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment