Friday, June 7, 2013

An Attending, Caring, Rescuing God


Today’s first reading, Ez. 34: 11-16, opens with the Lord saying to us: “I myself will look after and tend my sheep….”  I am touched by the humility, the love, the caring, and the commitment of our God.  Unlike so many parents today who turn their children over to guardians or nanny’s while they go off to do whatever, not even around to prepare meals for their children, to offer a shoulder to cry on, to provide guidance in the midst of overwhelming confusion,  or, simply, to  tuck them in bed at night, God says “No, I am going to tend my sheep. I’m not turning them over to anyone else.” 

When I personalize that message, the Lord God says to me:  “Dorothy Ann, I am taking care of you. I am tending to your needs. I am going to be at your side when disaster strikes.  Your safety is my safety. Your well-being is my well-being. Your healing is my healing.  Your daily needs are my daily needs.  That you are safe from the Evil One is my concern.  I am in charge of your safety and I will never leave you at anytime on your life’s journey.”

I encourage you to personalize this message as well. What is God saying to you?

What a humble, awesome, caring and faithful God!  There is no other God!  Safety  exists only in God and no other!  We have men and women,  young and old, children, adolescents and adults who reflect this trait of God but no one equals our God! Any rescue accomplished by humankind is God working through those courageous persons!  We see God at work through human beings rescuing persons trapped in collapsed buildings, pinned by fallen debris from fires, tornadic and hurricane winds, drowning in flood waters, or in danger anywhere in the world from whatever threatening force. God is there tending His sheep!

Where do you find God tending His sheep?

No comments:

Post a Comment