Monday, August 6, 2012

Being transformed and transforming life by Love

Today is the Transfiguration of our Lord on Mount Tabor.  This event occurred a few days after the Lord had announced to the apostles His upcoming death on Calvary.  He took Peter, James and John, the same three who accompanied Him to Gethsemane, with Him. I asked Jesus in prayer to talk to me about this event. In the depth of my being the following message was heard:

It happened as described in the Gospels (Mk 9: 2-10, Mt. 17: 1-8, Lk 9:28-36) shortly before my going up to Jerusalem to leave this world through the door of death.  The Transfiguration prepared me for that event. Moses and Elijah spoke to Me about my death and rising from the dead, a consummation of My mission here on earth to transform all that destroys life, seemingly so, into new life, into a joy, a strength, no one can take  from you.

My death and resurrection would be the culmination and completion of My total gift of self to My Father, a love unequalled, untarnished, not only to My Father but also to you and all humankind, a love glorified; a transcendent, imminent love, an all-encompassing love, a universal love for all to see and experience, a love to be imitated on earth by humankind's gift of self to one another in marriage and/or in service to humankind as men and women of God in the Church, in God's kingdom here on earth.

In what ways are you and I emulating this love?  How much of myself am I willing to give to others in humble service in obedience to the Spirit guiding me as it guided our Lord throughout His life here on earth?

No comments:

Post a Comment