Monday, August 13, 2012

A Spirit-filled Summer of Blessings


I will be on vacation until August 28th.  As I prepare for my own vacation, I hope all of you who frequently visit this site are having a wonderful summer, have also had time off from a busy schedule  doing some “fun” things you otherwise do not have time to do. 

My summer certainly has been one of tremendous blessing.  This past weekend I just returned from Rome where I was attending a General Assembly Planning Commission Meeting at our Generalate.  It was a great experience of everyone being willing to do the work in a spirit of collaboration and deep respect.  When I was asked to be chairperson of this Commission, my response was: “I’ve never done anything like that and not sure this is within my abilities.”  What I realized was that my most important task was to allow the Spirit to function freely and creatively in each of the committee members and also be open to the Spirit working within me. 

Earlier in the summer, I spent three weeks in Trinidad, spending most of that time with three pre-postulants, processing with them, praying with them, accompanying them in whatever way needed.  During that same time, I did an assessment for another religious community and completed three lengthy reports to support my recommendation of each of the three women to be accepted into our postulancy program.  During that time in Trinidad, I was blessed in ways I could never imagine in being with these three women but also with being able to participate in great liturgies and be the recipient of awesome homilies by some very young, Spirit-filled priests. 

To any one discerning a religious vocation or a vocation to the priesthood, know that God and we need good women and men willing to give their all to building the Kingdom!  If God is calling you, I pray that you have the courage to say “yes.” I did and have never regretted it!

I now look forward to some time off to be with family and friends. The blog will be continued on my return here on the 28th of August.

No comments:

Post a Comment