Saturday, May 12, 2012

Rejoice! God is at work in you

The Entrance Antiphon for today's liturgy, May 12, 2012,  reads:   You have been buried with Christ in Baptism, through which you also rose again by faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead, alleluia" (Magnificat, May 2012, Vol. 14, No. 3, p. 147). That led me to say to the Lord:  "Lord, how great Thou art!  In my baptism, You buried me with You and raised me up to a new life of grace!  I was given faith in You, knowing that You are always  at work in me and in the world, transforming us into God's image.  God, who raised You from the dead, raises me each day to new life. Out of the ashes of yesterday, the smolderiung wicks of love dimmed by my selfishness or the reed broken by sin in me (cf. Mt. 12:20) , You recreate me as a stronger person as I sleep through the night. I wake up each morning resurrected by the power of Your Spirit working in me."   Why, O soul, should you ever wake up sad?

No comments:

Post a Comment